Thursday 2 December 2010

Definitely Day One.

Although I am posting this on day two.

And I have just become very aware that I won't be able to access the web easily from around the middle of December till the start of the next year.

Perhaps the limited time will help me focus.

And, with luck, I shall still be able to tweet, if not blog.

Okay, back to day one.

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)


2010 - Change.


I've moved home once this year, and will be doing so again soon.

I've had change imposed upon me this year and I've tried hard to embrace that change.  That sounds a little passive. I have been seeking change for a long time, always found it hard to come by. And, whilst knowing the change was something sought, I've also found it uncomfortable, heart-wrenching, sorrowful. It's cost me and it's cost others close to me. It's been a sacrifice and a struggle. I'm still hoping it's for the best, but from it I've learnt that life is less black and white than even I suspected, that sometimes you cannot know what right or wrong is. Sometimes they don't exist and you have to find your way without even knowing you're on thr right path.


And, perhaps, that is ok.


2011 - Consolidation.

Sounds a little pompous, I know, but both my 2010 and 2011 words came to me fast when I saw the prompt and so that's what I've decided to go with.

Next year I want to build on the change. I want to make it work. I want to feel it's a little less scary. I want to feel that it was the right thing.


We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment