Friday 3 December 2010

Day Two on Day Three. I will catch up . . .

December 2 Writing
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

Each day I carefully avoid writing by finding a myriad of excuses not to do it. 

I can't find the write notepad to write in. Or, if the paper is right, then my words aren't worthy of writing.

I go to websites and get caught in the details of other lives, instead of my own.

I play pointless, mindless, thoughtless games.

I get tired.

I get bored.

I forget. 

I watch TV.

I tell myself I'll do it tomorrow. 

I tell myself I'll start on Monday. 

I tell myself the beginning of a month is the best time to begin writing. 

I tell myself next year it will be different.

I read other people's words and wonder if I should bother.

I go to bed.

Yes, I can eliminate all these doubts and obstacles. I just did by sitting here, making the time to write and finding the words. Just a few. They add up. I know this. Now I need to remember this.


I've just reread the words at the top of this post. I seem to have seen the question "How do you procrastinate and not write?" So I guess the answer to the original question is that I allow avoidance techniques to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment